France is considered one of the safest countries in the world for solo female travelers. The low violent crime rates, respectable treatment of women, and excellent public transportation make France a top destination for women traveling alone.
According to Solo Women Travel Safety Index, France ranked in 10th postion out of 70 countries and has 8/10 women safety score.
Following are the factors Behind the women Safety Score.
|France Global Peace Index Rating||1.939|
|France Female Homicide Victims||0.7|
|Women Inclusion, justice and Security||0.864|
|Women feel Safe Walking Alone At night in France||65%|
|France Safety Index Score Numbero||47.59|
|Attitude towards violence against women||6.6%|
|Laws on Domestic violence in France||0.3|
|Women who experienced violence in France||26%|
|Societal Safety and Security Score||1.87|
OverAll women safety score of France is 8/10.
Things you Know Before Visiting France:
National Language: French
Local Taxi app: G7, Bolt, Uber, Heetch
Public Transport: France has bus and trams for public transport and it is good and less expensive as compare to taxi ride.
World Heritage Sites: Unesco listed France 52 Heritage sites
Basic French Words/Phrases:
- Salut: Hello
- Oui: Yes
- Merci: Thank you
- Le marché: Market
- Les Magasins: Shops
- L’auberge: Hostel
- Métro: Subway
- Voiture: Car
- Billet: Ticket
- Gare: Train station
- Eau: Water
- Pain: Bread
- Viande: Meat
Use mondly to learn more about french language.
5 Must Visit Places in France
Here are 5 great places in France for women to visit:
- Paris – The capital and most romantic city in France. Stroll the streets, see the Eiffel Tower, visit museums, and shop. Great food and cafes too.
- Provence – The picturesque region in southeastern France famous for its Lavender fields, hilltop villages, and Mediterranean climate. Relaxing and beautiful.
- French Riviera – The stunning Mediterranean coastline with glamorous cities like Nice, Cannes, and Saint-Tropez. Soak up the sun on beautiful beaches and enjoy the ritzy coastal life.
- Loire Valley – Known for its many majestic castles like Chambord and Chenonceau. A perfect place for history and architecture buffs to explore. Great wine too.
- Lyon – France’s food capital with many Michelin-star restaurants, bustling markets, and a vibrant culture. The old town is also a UNESCO site. Shop, dine, and experience true French cuisine.
Some tips when visiting these places as a woman: be aware of your surroundings especially at night, stick to public/well lit areas, consider traveling with a companion if possible, dress modestly when visiting churches, and avoid walking alone late at night. Enjoy the amazing sights, food, and culture!